82 calories (per serving)
1 point (old)
Kiisseli is a Finnish dessert that can be made with berries or even rhubarb. It’s a little tart, wonderfully refreshing and a perfect way to end a summer’s day.
Here I’ve used frozen raspberries and topped with a little coconut cream (optional). If you want to reduce the calories even more replace the sugar with a stevia based sweetener – this will bring it down to around 36 calories per serving. I like to strain the berries to remove bits but it’s up to you.
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup (fresh or frozen) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- ¼ cup sugar (scant)
- Put the water and berries into a pot over a medium heat. Stir to make the berries break down into a sauce. This will take around 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar gradually, tasting as you add it. The dessert should be pleasantly tart and not overly sweet. Stir until it is dissolved.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve if you wish to remove seeds.
- Allow the mix to cool slightly and then stir in the potato flour and mix very well until the soup thickens.The consistency should be like a very thick soup and slightly runnier than jelly.
- Place in serving dishes and chill until needs. Top with cream or coconut cream to serve.
Nutritional data & Weight Watchers points are an approximation only.