1 Point (old)
Naturally sweet and oily roast peppers are a guilt free treat packed with flavour and vitamin C. You can roast them over a flame on the BBQ, or gas hob or blacken them in the oven. Pop them in a bowl when well charred and cover with plastic wrap so the steam loosens their skin. When cool peel, remove the seeds and enjoy. This is a super-easy preparation that pairs them with salty capers and red wine vinegar.
- 2.00 pepper (25 g), Roasted Red Peppers
- 2.00 (50g), Roasted Yellow Peppers
- 1.00 tbsp(s), Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.00 tbsp, drained, Capers, canned
- 0.25 tsp(s), Salt, table
- Fresh herbs such as basil, oregano or marjoram (optional)
- Roast the peppers by either holding over a flame until charred, o by placing in a 200c oven for 20 - 30 minutes, or until blackened. Turn once. Place cooked peppers into a bowl and cover. When cool enough to handle peel off the skin and remove seeds.
- Tear the roasted peppers into strips and lay out on a plate, alternating colours.
- Sprinkle the capers over, drizzle the red wine vinegar over and then lightly salt if desired. Add the herbs if using.
- Allow to stand for ten minutes for the vinegar to flavour the capsicum. Best served at room temperature.
Nutritional data & Weight Watchers points are an approximation only.