117 calories (per serving)
2 Points (old)
This is such a simple way to cook sprouts it’s hardly a recipe at all. Like many vegetables sprouts thrive in the oven and taste fabulous with a bit of browning. These are surprisingly moreish and are loved by kids as well as adults.
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter. We’re giving away a copy of Jerusalem. (Drawn August 31, 2015. Form at the bottom of the page.)
- 450 grams, Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tsp, olive oil
- ¼ tsp, black pepper
- ¼ tsp, salt
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Rinse the sprouts, cut of the stem end and slice in half length ways.
- Place in a bowl and add the oil, pepper and salt. Stir well so the oil gets onto each spout.
- Place in a baking tray large enough for the sprouts to lie in a single layer and cook until browned - 15 - 20 minutes.