237 calories per serve (2 servings)
7 Points+ per serve
5 Points (old) per serve
You never thought silver beet could be sweet or silky right? The onions and slow, low cooking of this dish takes silver beet to a whole new place. If you’ve got more calories to play with the top with some grated Parmesan.
- 2 tablespoon, olive oil
- 2 large, onions, diced
- 4 cloves, garlic, sliced
- 450 g, silver beet (Swiss chard), rinsed and chopped
- ½ tsp, salt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir to coat with the oil. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for around 20 minutes stirring often.
- When the onions are golden add the silver beet and salt and cover the pot. Cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the silver beet has softened completely the dish is cooked.
- Serve with plenty of lemon juice.
Nutritional data & Weight Watchers points are an approximation only.